With hundreds of options available in stores and of course online, it is rather confusing shopping for best formal shoes for men. Most of the time men spent working, wearing staples like blazers, shirts and trousers; it is quite natural that formal shoes are their ideal companions. Besides work, formal shoes are also compulsorily worn when attending celebrations, weddings or party. So, it is important for all men to own good fit and high quality formal shoes of reputed brands like Heel & Buckle. Their makers not only offer superior craftsmanship but also great comfort, thus evoking a sense of savoir faire.
Here are some tips, all customers must consider while buying a perfect pair formal shoes:
- Shoe type
Before you set out to hunt, first know what kind of shoes you are looking for to get the best value for the money spent. When it comes to choosing the right men formal shoes, there are numerous designs and types. Each of have their own definitive qualities, and will carry you from club to work effortlessly.
- Semi-formal: Casual and semi-formal shoes can comprise of loafers, brogues and monk strap shoes.
- Strictly formal: In premium quality leather lace shoes for men, it is best to choose Oxford and Derby shoes. These kind shoes are traditional and ideally suited for office parties, boardroom meetings and other high-end events as well.
- Shoe fit: No matter how attractive the shoes are or how aesthetically good it makes your outfit look, if the fit is not perfect, you must not buy it. Here are few things to consider when trying out a shoe:
- Watch your walk: When you try walking in your new pair of formal shoes, the perfect fit will not only make you comfortable but natural as well.
- Try wearing formal socks: When you go to shop for the best formal shoes for men from exclusive stores like Heel & Buckle; always carry a pair of socks and try wearing them with socks. If you are hunting for Brogues, Derby and Oxford shoes, wear skinny socks which gives you the best idea of how a shoe fits.
- Watch out the pressure on the feet: A perfect fitting shoe would not put excess stress on your pressure points of the feet. It is always better to walk around, wearing your new shoe pair to gauge whether they are holding your feet too tightly. If you feel a constant pressure while walking, you chose the wrong pair.
- Test the toe movement: If you have broad feet, avoid choosing leaner models. In its place choose wider toed shoes which offer the ample space for the feet. While trying, understand the fit, and try moving your big toe in and out. There must be an inch of good space between the shoe and the big toe to offer proper movement when walking.
- Leather quality
When buying formal men shoes, leather quality will define the quality of the shoe pair. A good quality of leather would be supple but still firm. Formal shoes are prominently available in materials such as suede and leather that is just another kind of leather. Fine crafted premium quality leather lace shoes would have subtle stitching, having a neat look.
If you are looking for the best formal shoes for men, buy from Heel & Buckle, one of the leading brands in men’s shoes.